Sunday, September 9, 2007

Treasure

Isaiah 45:3 I will give you the treasures of darkness, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the LORD, the God of Israel, who summons you by name.

What makes this verse even more incredible is it's context. The Lord is about to release the people of Israel from exile. Restoration.

Psalm 103:1-5 Praise the LORD, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits- who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.

The good things; 'treasures of darkness, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the LORD, the God of Israel, who summons you by name.'
God wasn't restoring their past, he was unveiling and releasing them into a future that they could not even begin to comprehend.

No comments: