Monday, August 20, 2007

A form of godliness

Today's revelation came in two parts,

My blog this morning was to be simply this; 'I renounce ever 'having a form of godliness but denying it's power'. (2 Timothy 3:5).

I think my initial reaction to this verse was around the word 'power'. I didn't want a denail of the power of God to be a reality in my life. I thought of a faith that births the supernatural, a faith that creates an atmosphere for the miraculous to take place (see Matthew 9:25).
But then i discovered a little more about the 'form of godliness' that I believe Paul was referring to.
So do not be ashamed to testify about our Lord, or ashamed of me his prisoner. But join with me in suffering for the gospel, by the power of God. (2 Timothy 1:8)

Endure hardship with us like a good soldier of Jesus Christ. (2 Timothy 2:3)

This is my gospel, for which I am suffering even to the point of being chained like a criminal. (2 Timothy 2:9)

So here's the revelation;
When i perceive my suffering to be of the world, then i desire it to be over. But if i desire for it to be over, i negate the power and godliness that is being formed within me. If i understand my suffering to be of God, then i welcome it, for out of it will come a demonstration of God's power, and then he'll receive all the glory, not I.

No comments: