Friday, August 17, 2007

In Christ

I am accepted.
One of my favorite passages in the bible is John 1:1-14
Once you've had almost no time to comprehend Christ, the Word, God, the power of the Spirit in bringing life to the spoken word of creation, the light of the world, and God's act of salvation - to name a few, God drops this bombshell on us, 'Yet to all who receive him, to those who belive in his name, he gave the right to become children of God - children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision, or a husband's will, but born of God' (John 1:12-13). Basically, verses 12 & 13 rip to shreds all foundation for any lack of self worth. I became a father almost 5 months ago. It's probably safe to say that i've never experienced this kind of love in such a powerful way before. I can't think of one thing in the whole world that would even come close to causing my love for Arielle to ever cease or even change. And here God is, with the right to choose to pass me by, but instead, he chooses Me, he chooses to give me the right to be called His child, he allows me to be born again, to be released from the bondage that can come via human decision - whether it be mine or someone elses - and to be reborn...born of God.
How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him. Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when he appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is. Everyone who has this hope in him purifies himself, just as he is pure. (1 John 3:1-3)
In Christ, I am accepted, becuase I am God's child.









No comments: